I threw a dinner part last week and for the pudding I was wanting to make champagne and raspberry jelly. As there was a driver I scrubbed that idea but since the weekend I’ve been wanting to try it.
Today I found a recipe on the BBC site for sloe gin and blackberry jelly which I read and adapted for my own tastes with pretty darn good results!
You’ll notice my ingredients aren’t a perfect measurement, I just really did what felt right but made them all up to 1/2 a pint.
3 leaves of gelatine
1/4 pint water
1/4 pint sloe gin
A rough shot of creme de cassis
A tablespoon of sugar
Blackberries (as many or as few as you want)
Makes 4 small cocktail glasses worth
What you do:
- Put the gelatine in a bowl with a few tablespoons of cold water (from the 3/4 pint) and leave for 10 mins or so.
- Add the sugar and top up with boiled water (not quite boiling) to 3/4 of a pint.
- Once melted add the sloe gin and creme de cassis and stir.
- Put the blackberries in the cocktail glasses and add the jelly.
- Put in the fridge and wait to set (took me about 3 hours).
- Add a scoop of ice-cream