After a Saturday rummaging around in bushes with a friend I had a fair sized (and pretty early) crop of blackberries in my house today. Most got frozen for later but I decided the others called for being made into muffins.
Now, this recipe didn’t start off being chocolate and choc chip (was originally blackberry and white chocolate) but as often happens with my cooking it transformed into something else as the mood took me.
325g Plain flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 x cup of blackberries (or as many as you feel like!)
3 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder
1 large egg
What you do:
- Put the oven on to 190 degrees
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl and stir in the sugar
- In another bowl melt the butter and beat it together with the milk and egg
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until it’s a smooth batter
- Divide out into muffin cases
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and once out of the oven put them on a rack to cool
- I covered them with some melted chocolate and some glittery sprinkles too
- Sit back, make a nice wee cuppa and devour!
This blog post is part of my entry to the Rix recipe competition for September.